Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fwd: Ceremony Agenda



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan Carlton <dan@springhillbaptist.org>
Date: Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 2:08 PM
Subject: RE: Ceremony Agenda
To: Anne Christine Tejano <emailanneke@gmail.com>


Anne

 

let me try to take some stress away – you don't need a minute by minute plan of the wedding ceremony – what you have listed below will last 30-35 minutes.  you need to nail down what Taylor is going to sing and who will be playing music in the processional and recessional.  Prelude music usually is played while guests are being seated so I would start 20-25 minutes before the service.  there are LOTS of wedding music Cd's out there - that will give you an idea of what to play.  I can't remember whether you were going to have live music or a dj – so you do need to figure that out if you haven't already decided. 

 

a lot of people print their wedding bulletin the week of the wedding.  But I think we could finalize it at our next meeting.  Use the order of service I sent you previously, then list all of the participants (parents of bride, parents of groom, maid of honor, best man, bridesmaids, etc) and some couples put a note to their guests (i.e. "thank you for sharing this special day.  You have honored us with your presence . . .")

 

I would like you to have a plan for where people will stand before we get to the rehearsal.  We can change the plan at the rehearsal but we need something to start with.  I would take a piece of paper and just mark out where people will stand.  If you start with you, Nathan and me – it will be pretty obvious from there. 

 

again –we will work through this at our next meeting so don't feel stressed.

 

Dan

 

From: Anne Christine Tejano [mailto:emailanneke@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:02 PM
To: Dan Carlton
Subject: Ceremony Agenda

 

Hi Dan,

I hate to be annoying, I feel like I've been emailing you way too much lately!

Anyway, I need your advice.  My Mom and my Sister are really pushing me to have a 1st draft of the wedding minute by minute as well as the draft music that Nate and I would like to have played, passages we would like to have read, etc.  I understand their logic, and it's that anything that we can just "knock out" now and NOT leave lingering till the last minute, might as well do it now, I get it.  However, I am not very good at this type of thing, and obviously fairly new at all this stuff, I feel like I'm navigating unfamiliar territory.  I haven't been to very many weddings and never really paid much attention to the ceremony agenda.  So I could really use your advice...

*When do people usually have their ceremony agenda finalized?  When is it usually drafted?  How exact does it have to be? And are there things that we need to be thinking about / coordinating ahead of time?

*Can you help me (in terms of the timing and the run down), like would you mind giving me a sample or rough draft to work with based on your experience?  We have decided that we want the ceremony to last approx 30-35min.  Here are the things we know that we want:
-Unity candle
-Our friend Taylor Short to sing
-We want to exchange our OWN vows
-Nothing traditionally cultural to throw in, just simple and straight forward (the reception will have cultural stuff, we're just not looking to do anything strange during the ceremony)
-We will be getting married on the front steps of the kibler house, and I will be walking down the aisle TOWARDS the front steps
-We will have a ring bearer most likely
-we have 2 flower girls
-what type of music do people normally have during the prelude (the time when people are finding their seats) and how long does that typically last?
-we will have 6 bridesmaids/groomsman + 1 maid of honor/best man
-we want you to have time to do your thing (in terms of readings/speaking)
-as far as the wedding formations, we're up in the air, and open to anything... is that something we have to have planned out or something that we cover during the rehersal?

Thanks so much Dan, appreciate it.


--
:) Make it a great day!

Anne Christine Tejano

"A referral is sending someone you care about to someone you respect"
--------------------------
Legacy Partner
EIRO Research
Direct: 571.237.6650
eFax:  703.564.9170
www.GetInfo.iEiro.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

No virus found in this incoming message.


Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.432 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2651 - Release Date: 01/28/10 07:36:00




--
:) Make it a great day!

Anne Christine Tejano

"A referral is sending someone you care about to someone you respect"
--------------------------
Legacy Partner
EIRO Research
Direct: 571.237.6650
eFax:  703.564.9170
www.GetInfo.iEiro.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment